Friday, October 7, 2011

A new name at a new location

This post inaugurates a newly named blog at a new site. It is still the pastor’s blog for Covenant Community Church in Fredericksburg, Va., but it formerly was part of the church’s website (www.covenantweb.net).

It has a new name – “Community of the Cross” – that reflects its intent and, hopefully, its content. Covenant Community Church – and every other local body of Christians – is a community of the cross. We are created, brought together and bound together by the cross of Christ. By the cross, I refer not just to that instrument of death but to the person and work of God the Son – His righteous life, atoning death and vindicating resurrection.

I intend for this blog to continue to seek to glorify God, magnify Christ, rehearse and spread the gospel, and strengthen the church. My desire is that it will help us understand the benefits of the finished work of Jesus, the applications of the gospel and the significance of the church in God’s kingdom.

This blog’s primary audience continues to be Covenant Community Church, which consists of a gracious and loving band of saints who are dear to me. I hope it will serve all of you in this covenant community well. Yet, I also desire that other believers benefit from it. And I hope seekers after God will as well.

I invite you to follow the blog and join the discussion by contributing your comments. It is a great privilege to be part of the community of the cross with you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad for the new blog site. It will be easier to follow. Plus, sometimes I'm compelled to comment. I hope others do, too. Thank you for doing this, Tom.

    ReplyDelete