Thursday, October 25, 2012

Top 10 tweets

I give! There are too many good tweets for me to say I am only going to post 10 tweets a week at this blog. So I will post the top 10 for whatever period of time I think best. For now, it is semi-weekly. All of those quoted below are worth following on Twitter.

1. “The ultimate purpose of life is to show that Jesus is more precious than life.” – John Piper

2. “We pray precisely BECAUSE God is sovereign, not in spite of his sovereignty. I’d never pray if God wasn’t sovereign.” – Scotty Smith

3. “Every day self-sovereignty battles with God’s sovereignty for control of your heart. You need grace to quit being king and rest in the King.” – Paul David Tripp

4. “God only accepts perfection, not progress. Thank God for Jesus!” – Tullian Tchividjian

5. “On teaching women: if you want me to seek God, don’t give me steps. Show me who He is, and I will do whatever it takes to seek Him.” – Catherine Parks

6. “Prayer isn’t willing an outcome that will make us happy; it’s trusting Jesus for the outcome that will give him glory.” – Scotty Smith

7. “’Abraham, Isaac & Jacob’ could have been ‘Moe, Larry & Curley.’ Their lives are more a tragic comedy than tale of heroes. God is the hero.” – Byron Yawn

8. “Defensiveness when confronted devalues grace because it resists the instruments of help and rescue grace sends your way.” – Paul David Tripp

9. “The people who make a durable difference are not those who have mastered many things but been mastered by a few great things.” – John Piper

10. “The more I pray, the more sovereign God seems; the less I pray, the more sovereign I pretend to be.” – Scotty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment