Sunday, October 14, 2012

Top 10 tweets of the week

1. “Exhausting God’s mercy & grace is not a possibility. Don’t fear coming to Jesus again with the same failures & struggles.” – Scotty Smith

2. “The degree of hardness of someone’s heart is irrelevant to the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit.” – Gloria Furman

3. “God, utterly supreme in our affections. We, utterly satisfied in his perfections.” – John Piper

4. “The book of Revelation is not intended to drive us to charts; it’s intended to drive us to Christ.” – David Platt

5. “Because Jesus has done everything for me, I can do everything for you without needing you to do anything for me.” – Tullian Tchividjian

6. “Steadfast love, new mercies, sufficient grace, occupied throne in heaven. . . these should easily shut down our whinings.” – Scotty Smith

7. “God motivates us to holiness by reminding us what we were in sin, what we are in Christ, and what we will be in glory.” – Kevin DeYoung

8. “Long-delayed, sweet reunions are a taste of Heaven – where not all reunions will happen all at once, I imagine, but as eternity unfolds.” – Randy Alcorn

9. “The law afflicts the comfortable. The gospel comforts the afflicted.” – Tullian Tchividjian

10. “The more I soak in the Gospel the less I stew in my discontent.” – Scotty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment