Monday, October 22, 2012

Top 10 tweets of the week

1. “Christ is glorified in me when people see he is more precious to me than all that life can give or death can take.” – John Piper

2. “If you accept the first verse of the Bible, there should be little difficulty accepting the rest.” – Kevin DeYoung

3. “My satisfaction in God wavers, because I’m a broken man. God’s satisfaction w/ Jesus, on my behalf, is perfect & constant. That’s my anchor.” – Scotty Smith

4. “How it must grieve God when we are not content with simply being His.” – Greg Breazeale

5. “Self-pity devalues grace because it questions the provisions of a God of glorious caring grace.” – Paul David Tripp

6. “’Who can declare all his praise?’ (Psalm 106:2). No one can over-praise Jesus. We easily over-praise ourselves.” – Ray Ortlund

7. “God’s chief concern in your suffering is to be with you and be Himself for you.” – Tullian Tchividjian

8. “There are a thousand witnesses to our guilt, but only one Judge. Denial is vain. Mercy is all.” – John Piper

9. “Four things God disdains: making Christ look small, making us look big, making sin seem light, making the Bible seem silly.” – Kevin DeYoung

10. “I whine about my bad cold & sore throat tonight, while 1 billion people go to bed hungry. God, make me more merciful.” – Scotty Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment