Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why preach the gospel to yourself (No. 10)

'martino vs martinus' photo (c) 2007, spike - license: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/Here is another reason to preach the gospel to yourself as provided by Milton Vincent in his book A Gospel Primer for Christians. It is because of the "Sufficiency in the Gospel:"
The gospel serves as the means by which God daily constructs me into what He wants me to be and also serves as the channel through which He gives me my inheritance every day of my Christian life. Hence, it could be said that the gospel contains all that I need "for life and godliness." It is for this reason that God tells me to be steadfastly entrenched in the gospel at all times and never to allow myself to be moved from there. The mere fact that God tells me to stay inside the gospel at all times must mean that He intends to supply all of my needs as long as I am abiding in that place of luxury.
(Scriptures cited: Acts 20:32; II Peter 1:3; Col. 1:23, 2:8-10.)

No comments:

Post a Comment