Monday, June 11, 2012

Mondays are for music: 'Satisfied in You' (Psalm 42)

The Sing Team leads music at one of the campuses of Mars Hill Church in the Seattle area. Brian Eichelberger leads the team and writes music. One of his songs is "Satisfied in You," based on Psalm 42. Here is what he said about the song, according to a post by Justin Taylor: "The song begins by following closely to Psalm 42 singing, 'As the deer pants for water so my soul thirsts for you.' The second verse then dives more into my personal response to the Psalm. A lot of times my tendency is to go into a depression looking into myself which only spirals me further down. The song is meant to preach to myself and call me to remember the times when I experienced the glory and goodness of God which can help bounce me out of that vicious cycle. It’s meant to get my eyes off of me and be satisfied in God alone." (HT: Dane Ortlund and Justin Taylor)

No comments:

Post a Comment