Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Back to blogging

I blogged last in early January and said I would take a couple of weeks to determine what form this blog would take in the future. Well, it has been a couple of months, and I am just now getting back to the blog. So, first, I apologize for not abiding by the time frame I established. I have struggled with exactly what to do. I want to blog frequently to help our spiritual family, Covenant Community Church, but I finally have recognized I just don't have time in my schedule. There are other priorities -- especially time with my wife, time in sermon preparation and time with God's people -- that take precedence. Upon recognizing this and surveying people in our church for their interest in reading this blog, I have decided on the following plan for now:

I will blog once a week, mostly on Wednesday, on a topic I consider to be important to our church. I will make this post available as a hard copy on the information table when we gather for worship on the following Sunday.

In doing so, I hope to reach as many people as possible in our fellowship. I want those outside Covenant Community Church to read this blog. I think what I post will be helpful to brothers and sisters in other congregations. When I blog, however, it is with the dear saints of Covenant Community Church in mind.

My desire in this is that God be glorified, Christ be exalted, the gospel be made known, the church be built up and disciples be produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment