Monday, May 14, 2012

Mondays are for music: 'Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken'

Indelible Grace Music -- which had its origin in college campus ministry, especially Reformed University Fellowship -- serves the church by putting old hymns to new music. Our church has sung some of these reworked hymns. Indelible Grace has become identified with a collection of artists, including such musicians as Sandra McCracken and Matthew Smith. This video is from a hymn sing Indelible Grace had in 2010 at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium, the former home of the Grand Ole Opry. Henry Lyte wrote "Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken" in 1824. You may read the lyrics here. The video, which features six artists singing a verse each of the song, is from a documentary made about Indelible Grace. As a result, it includes about 60 seconds of commentary. The song goes well with Luke 14:27 ("Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple"), which was in the passage I preached on yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment