Saturday, December 9, 2017

When God became man: To do the will of the Father

"For I have come down from Heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent me" (John 6:38).

God the Son came not only to represent God the Father with exactness but to perform the Father's will at the Father's direction.

Jesus did not leave us confused about what He was referring to when He spoke in this verse of the will of God. In the two verses that follow, Jesus said, "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."

The Son came to earth as a baby because it was the Father's will. Even then, the Father had a people for His Son to resurrect as a result of their trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment